Vlogging is a powerful tool that helps you communicate a lot of information in a very concise way. It suffers less from competition for valued keywords and phrases than text only blogs, benefits from a much higher rate of engagement and can be shared across more forms of social media. Plus, social media that contains video content is some of the most valued and least crowded out there.
Unfortunately just like blogging, most people don't do it effectively. Too often, especially with videos that are essentially sales pitches, we see people paying a lot of money to create one decent video, then publish it to YouTube alone and simply hopping for the best. The results are usually pretty fruitless.
Remember: We're talking about regular business related content here, not one off amazing content that's likely to go 'viral'! Of course that's not to say it shouldn't be engaging, informative or fun....
Download our full size pdf Vlogging inforgraphic here
In order to generate traffic to your site, better SEO and ultimately business from your target market here's how to do it right:
1. YouTube is one of the biggest search engines out there but unlike Google and Bing you only get on it if you publish video content. So step one should always be set up a YouTube channel and upload your videos.
Here is a good vlog on doing exactly that:
2. Put your video on the blog on your website. Combining your video with keyword embedded text will make it more likely to be found on Google, not just YouTube. Most content management system or service managed websites will allow you to add YouTube code to your blogs so that users can watch your video on your article page. It's important you do this to improve your search engine optimisation SEO.
3: Once your video is on your blog use the feed on your website to promote it. For more information on this read our article Promoting your blog for beginners
We've illustrated this idea in the cover infographic but essentially it goes like this.
• Publish to an RSS reader like feedburner.com for example
• Use your RSS to automatically publish new articles to your social media - G+, FB and Twitter as a minimum, Hootsuite is a great tool for getting this done: https://hootsuite.com/
• And use your RSS to automatically send out emails to your mailing list, if it’s not a massive subscription this can even be free with someone like Mailchimp
For more help on how to do this or if you’d like to get it dome professionally by one of our team feel free to give us a call on 01892 800400
The bottom line is that search engine optimisation, email marketing, newsfeeds and of course social media are always going to be a vital part of any digital campaign and without them your video is unlikely to get seen by your clients or target market.
Now you know how to publish video blog properly, how do you make one and how much effort and cost should you put in it?
Like most things you only get out what you put in but it's also important not to put all your eggs in one basket. If you're a small business you can't afford to make videos that take hours of editing and planning or use professional actors every month. Having said that if you're a business and you want to be taken seriously you also can't afford to make cheap poorly produced home videos either....
This is an issue that we at Target Ink have struggled with. Having spoken to lots of producers the best we've found is Big Jam Studios in Sittingbourne
They have a great studio and can produce quick, easy, professional and affordable videos which are perfect for Vlogging. Best of all when we told them we were writing this blog they said they'd offer our clients a 10% discount but dont forget to mention Target Ink when contacting them to get the discount!
If you're in the Kent area It's a great offer! Here's some vidios from Big Jam:
Please share our artical on your social medias and feel free to use our inforgraphic for your own work!